The full list of responsibilities for the Centreboard Rear Commodore are:
- In the lead up to the season communication of the upcoming season start to the email and contact list.
- Review of Sabots and Lasers stored within the club and reconciling boats present with membership renewals and payment of shed rent.
- Co-ordination with Laser Captain as to proposed start times for the coming season • Organising courses and course sheets and where necessary a review of the maintenance of race day equipment.
Once the season has commenced the RC responsibilities include;
- Circulation and receipt of safety documentation and consent forms for each sailor and or boat • Each race day ensuring the equipping and launch of club rescue craft as well as an ongoing overview that club procedures are followed and that appropriate bouncy gear is worn in accordance with club and RMS regulations
- Ensuring that each rescue boat is manned by 2 competent and licensed adult skipper and crewman • Laying of marks, course selection and junior briefing
- Preparation and ensuring compliance to sign on/off documentation for each junior crew
- Start, on water supervisions and rescues as required and finishing of races and recording of results
- Arranging for Fuel to be purchased on a regular basis so that on race days all boats are adequately fuelled to provide service during the race day supervision and rescue operation
- Co-ordination of deck traffic and rigging between all Sunday sailors and timely launch of each class to allow access of each fleet in sequence.
- After ensuring that all boats have returned to the club, retrieval of all marks, pack up and storage of all equipment and rescue craft
- Identification of any broken equipment and planning for maintenance or notification of club house manager and other relevant committee members as required
- Ensure that club clean-up is undertaken and club lock up per GFS policies. Where other members may remain, checking with those members that they have a key and are able to lock up.
- Keep records of race results and provide running point scores for the various club series.
- At the completion of the regular race season organise the purchase of trophies and engraving of perpetual trophies for the Junior Presentation.